I think you’ll agree with me when I say it’s REALLY hard to slice a watermelon with a knife without making a huge mess in the kitchen. Well, that’s what watermelon slicers are here for!
A watermelon slicer is incredibly useful for people who enjoy eating this fruit in the summer. It just makes the task of slicing it so much easier. Instead of countless minutes of work when using a normal knife, and cleaning up the mess afterward, you can buy a watermelon cutter and be finished in under 30 seconds! In addition to an uncomplicated slicing, a watermelon cutter is also designed in a way that the juice of the fruit is contained inside of the rind. This saves you a ton of work since you won’t have to clean the whole kitchen after you are done with the watermelon. Finally, a good watermelon slicer also is more efficient than a knife and will avoid an unnecessary waste of fruit.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to choose a good watermelon slicer?
- 2 Reviews of the Best Watermelon Slicers
- 3 Watermelon fun and nutritional facts
How to choose a good watermelon slicer?
In order to choose the best watermelon slicer, you will have to carefully pay attention that the cutter you buy fulfills at least 3 of the following 5 criteria:
- It has to work with watermelons of any size
- Needs to be completely dishwasher safe or easy to clean by hand
- Should be safe to use for kids
- Must be very simple to use
- Needs to have a good grip
Out of the above 5 factors, the by far most important one is that the slicer works with watermelons of any size. If that is not the case, then you may find yourself unable to cut a small fruit.
Reviews of the Best Watermelon Slicers
Mannice Stainless Steel Watermelon Slicer
- Available in two colors: green and pink
- Available two sizes: Small and large
- Automatically cuts watermelon in 12 pieces
- Slices watermelon in less than 10 seconds
- Double non-slip grip
- Dishwasher safe and simple to clean by hand
- Can be hard to store since it is quite large
The Mannice Stainless Steel Watermelon Slicer is a simple solution for cutting a watermelon the way kids love it the most… In triangles! The tool has a double non-slip grip that makes the slicing extremely easy. Simply cut off both ends of the watermelon like in the image above and you’re ready to go. Depending on the size of the watermelon, it will take you between 5 and 15 seconds to cut it. This kitchen accessory is available in two sizes and two colors. Pick the one you like the most! We have heard of this product before and thought it would be really expensive. However, while we were writing this post we casually found it on Amazon for under 15 bucks. We knew that we had to add it to this list.
Mullier Stainless Steel Watermelon Slicer
- Completely made of stainless steel
- Small and easy to store
- Completely safe since it has no sharp blades
- Cuts and scoops watermelon in less than a minute
- Works with watermelons of any size
- Completely dishwasher safe
- Watermelon needs to be cut in half first with a knife
The Mullier Stainless Steel Watermelon Slicer is a great tool that should be in everyone’s kitchen. With its stainless steel finish, it looks like an accessory that would be used by a professional chef. It works with watermelons of any size and type, making the task of slicing this fruit so much easier. After usage, you can either wash it by hand in a matter of seconds or put in in the dishwasher and let a machine do the job. All in all, this product of Mullier is the one watermelon slicer you will ever need, available right now for an unbeatable at the famous online store Amazon. Watermelon is such a healthy fruit. Why not prepare it more often for your family and friends?
Kitchen Up Watermelon Slicer (Complete bundle)
- Free ceramic knife included
- Free melon baller included
- 5-year Kitchen Up warranty
- Beautiful design and good plastic grip
- Works with small and big watermelons
- Can be easily cleaned by hand or in the dishwasher
- The free ceramic knife is a bit too short to cut large watermelons
The Kitchen Up Watermelon Slicer comes with two free extra tools: A high end ceramic knife and a melon scooper. With the purchase of this bundle you get 3 kitchen tools that will help you create tasty dishes for the price of only one. By the way, watermelon scoopers are used for making tiny spheres out of the fruit that can be used as decoration for salads or desserts. The subtle curvature of the watermelon cutter makes possible the slicing of watermelons of any size! All in all, we totally love the luxurious design and high quality of this slicer. If you, your kids, family or friends enjoy eating watermelon in the summer, you shouldn’t wait any longer and get this slicer to surprise your loved ones with a delicious fruit bowl.
iGenietti Watermelon Cutter
- 100% stainless steel
- Made by iGenietty
- Works with watermelons of any size
- Reduces melon slicing time in half
- Simple to use
- Completely dishwasher safe
- Does not have a non-slip grip
The iGenietti Watermelon cutter is a simple to use and extremely watermelon slicer. It is completely made out of stainless steel. That’s very important because it has been proven that the usage of certain plastics (BPA plastics) in kitchen tools can cause cancer. This accessory can slice watermelons of any size in just seconds. In addition, it is completely dishwasher safe. However, if you prefer to clean it by hand, you can also do so, it will take you less than 15 seconds. The manufacturer of this product, iGenietty, is known for making kitchen accessories with really high-quality standards. And just like the rest of this companies’ merchandise, this one won’t disappoint you either. If you love high-end kitchen tools for a fair price then this iGenietty Watermelon Cutter is for you.
Y & A Watermelon Slicer and Scooper
- Free melon scooper included
- Blades made out of stainless steel
- Works with big and with small watermelons
- Comfortable non-slip grip
- Easy to clean by hand and dishwasher safe
- Completely dishwasher safe
- Only works with ripe watermelons
The Y & A Watermelon Slicer and Scooper makes beautiful moon-shaped watermelon slices thanks to its slightly bent blades. Also, the tool is very simple to wash by hand and completely dishwasher safe. This set includes a free melon baller (scooper) that makes tasty little spheres out of this fruit. This small extra tool is ideal for preparing tropical desserts or salads. Also, thanks to its specially curved blades, the watermelon slicer works with watermelons of any size! Finally, the manufacturer of this product has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for whatever reason you didn’t like the product you can return it in 30 days and get your money back.
Safer Slicer Watermelon Cutter
- Blades made out of 100% stainless steel
- Available in colors black and green
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Less mess.
- High quality non-slip grip
- Easy to slice and serve. Dishwasher safe.
- Only dishwasher safe at low water temperatures
The Safer Slicer Watermelon Cutter has no sharp blades that can harm you, therefore it is 100% children safe! Let your kids help you, and have fun together slicing tasty watermelons. Watermelons are very juicy fruits, therefore this slicer was designed in a way that it contains all the juice inside of the rind, avoiding your kitchen from becoming a total mess. We totally love the high-end finish of this product. The blades are made out of high-quality stainless steel, and the non-slip grip out of comfortable and healthy BPA free plastic. All the above-mentioned features and the 30-day money back guarantee make this watermelon slicer a must-have in your kitchen.
Onson Rose Red Watermelon Slicer
- Beautiful color
- Completely made of BPA free plastic
- Very light and easy to store
- Completely safe for kids as there are no sharp blades
- Very easy to use
- High quality and very durable
- Although the manufacturer claims the slicer is dishwasher safe, we recommend to clean it by hand
The Onson Rose Red Watermelon Slicer is the perfect companion for warm summer days with family or friends. It is very easy to clean by hand and even dishwasher safe. However, we recommend to clean it by hand. After all, it is completely made of plastic and you never now how it reacts with hot water in the dishwasher. The tool has a very ergonomic grip and its absence of sharp blades makes it safe to use for kids. It is made out of healthy BPA free plastic and is very light and easy to store. All in all, this is the perfect watermelon slicer for families with small kids that enjoy eating this fruit.
Watermelon fun and nutritional facts
- Relieves muscle soreness. Watermelons have a high concentration of amino acids. These help to reduce the muscle pain after an intense workout.
- You can eat the rind and seeds. Most of us throw away the seeds and the rind of the watermelon. Although it may not be very tasty, it’s perfectly edible and even very healthy. The rind of the watermelon is especially good for your heart and prevents most cardiovascular diseases.
- Mostly water. Watermelons are made up of 91% of water. Now its name makes more sense to you right?
- Made in china. China is the largest producer of watermelon in the world. This country grows 20 times more watermelons every year than the second largest producer, Turkey.
- Not only round. In Japan, farmers have started growing cube-shaped watermelons with the use of glass boxes to make their transportation easier.
- World record. The heaviest watermelon ever grown weighed 268 lbs.
- Good for your brain. Watermelons are full of vitamin B6, which helps you to think faster.
- For a pair of eagle eyes. This fruit is extremely rich in vitamin A, which is one of the major requirements for healthy eyes.
- Vegetable and fruit at the same time. A watermelon shares characteristics with fruits like strawberries, but also with vegetables like pumpkins. Therefore, specialists simply agreed that it is both.
- Good for your kidneys. Watermelon is known for flushing away kidney stones and thus, improving this organ’s overall health.
- Summer. The biggest and sweetest watermelons grow in the warmest months of the year. The peak of watermelon production is July.